Thursday, February 8, 2007

Author Alert

I just purchased 8 tickets online tonight for this event and am so happy that I did. Ian McEwan's Atonement was the first book that my Book Club read, a little over a year ago. I have since started to collect some of his novels with the intent of reading a few before I see him. I have 3 in my possession:Amsterdam, The Cement Garden and The Comfort of Strangers. I think I may tackle Saturday, it seems to be a hot one.

Hailed as "the supreme novelist of his generation" by The Sunday Times of London, Ian McEwan is the author of more than ten books, including the novels Saturday and Atonement, which won the National Book Critics Circle Award and the W. H. Smith Literary Award; Enduring Love; The Comfort of Strangers and Black Dogs, both short-listed for the Booker Prize; Amsterdam, which won the Booker Prize; and The Child in Time, which won the Whitbread Award; as well as the short-story collections First Love, Last Rites, winner of the Somerset Maugham Award, and In Between the Sheets. His most recent novel, On Chesil Beach, will be published on June 5, 2007. (description from 92nd Street Y)

Date & Time: Tue, Jun 5, 2007, 8:00pm-9:30pm
Location: Lexington Avenue at 92nd Street