Monday, February 12, 2007

Writer's Block

Review: I know this blog is all about reading, but through a special request from Jason I was prompted to give you some music to think about. The albumn is entitled Writer's Block which is a term related to reading, so I guess I'm not that far off topic.
I recently went to see Peter Bjorn & John @ Mercury Lounge in NYC and was not disappointed. Although, there are many reviews out there that bashed their fans behavior and the excessive camera/phone usage at their shows, I for one thought that they were very upbeat and fun. I just bought their latest CD Writer's Block and haven't taken it out of my car in the last 3 days. If you like their sound, then I suggest you grab another one of their Cd's called Falling Out.


Lyrics from Writer's Block:
”If I told you things I did before,told you how I used to be, would you go along with someone like me?” - Young Folks


”The question is, was I more alive then than I am now? I happily have to disagree; I laugh more often now, I cry more often now, I am more me”- Objects of My Affection


”Your field is crowded and there is still no place for someone like me to fill” - The Chills