Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Road

by Cormac McCarthy
I know, this is an Oprah Book Club Book and I am always complaining about the selections to friends and family, but I thought that since McCarthy is such a highly regarded author I have yet to read, I would post some information on the selection and the author himself. Enjoy!


WHO IS CORMAC MCCARTHY?
About The Road
A LIFE IN BOOKS
Talk About The Road
Read an Excerpt
Reading Questions
Print Your Bookmark


AN EXCERPT FROM THE ROAD
"With the first gray light he rose and left the boy sleeping and walked out to the road and squatted and studied the country to the south. Barren, silent, godless. He thought the month was October but he wasn't sure. He hadn't kept a calendar for years. They were moving south. There'd be no surviving another winter here."

*above links and excerpt taken from: http://www2.oprah.com/obc_classic/featbook/road/obc_featbook_road_main.jhtml