Sunday, April 8, 2007

Bhikshuni Weisbrot

by Bhikshuni Weisbrot
"A Sense of Place" won Bright Hill Press's Poetry Chapbook Competition for 2005. Nature plays a strong role in this collection of poetry, portrayed both through outer observation and inner reflection. Place can mean somewhere as detailed as the mountaintop of Sakurajima or as wistful as the last fleeting days of February. In all cases place is one of beauty and hopefully identification.
taken from: http://www.poets.org/

Fall Reverie
by Bhikshuni Weisbrot
If I seem to run in
circles, forgive me,
I am used to chasing
my own tail until the giddiness
of spinning cools me down.
Then breathless,
I may take a moment or two
to settle and see the multicolored
glory of fall,
gold-fanned leaves
pressed flat and sodden
after a day of rain,
a season at its peak of beauty
full but fragile
so you know from experience,
bound to disappear.