Saturday, April 14, 2007

Reader's Circle

At the back of the Sedaris article I found a great advertisement for three books
(Song of the Cuckoo Bird: A Novel by Amulya Malladi, Dream Children: Stories by Gail Godwin and How to Be Lost: A Novel by Amanda Eyre Ward) that led me to this website. http://www.randomhouse.com/rhpg/rc/index.html
I am currently in a book club and we are constantly racking our brains for appropriate discussion books and I think I may have possibly found the answer.

Reader's Circle is a select line of leading trade paperback original and reprint titles targeted specifically to reading groups. Established in l997 as the Ballantine Reader's Circle with seven titles, it was the first program to include a discussion guide in the back of each book--featuring author interviews, discussion questions and author biographies.