Friday, May 25, 2007

Week Twenty One, Book Twenty Eight

by Chuck Palahniuk
"And so here is my confession..."


Review:
What a crazy book! I couldn't walk away from this story, but found it hard to get through in a short period of time. It took me most of the week to read and I thankfully was in the middle of the McEwan book. I love the author and had to finish it just to see where it was going. I felt like I was witnessing a car crash with no choice to look away. It starts at chapter 47 and screaming toward ground zero, Palahniuk hurls the reader back to the beginning in a breathless search for where it all went wrong. The protagonist is self-made, self-ruined mogul-messiah Tender Branson, the sole passenger of a jet moments away from slamming first into the Australian outback and then into oblivion. If you like cults and suspense, then you will love this book. Warning, very weird.