Sunday, May 25, 2008

Daniel Borzutzky

by Daniel Borzutzky
Review:
Daniel Borzutzky's poems are comedic, sarcastic, imaginative, foolish and sardonic observations all rolled into one. I love these poems! I hated more than half of them, when I was blazing through, but after some serious contemplating, I realized they are brilliant. This is not like any poetry collection I have ever read. The format is bizarre, with run-ons and a sentence structure that would make Emily Dickinson cringe. Overall, I could do without the political banter and fictionalized speeches and addresses, but recommend you read them anyway for a good laugh.



author's site: www.danielborzutzky.com/
interview: www.chicagopostmodernpoetry.com/danielb.htm
poems: www.milkmag.org/DBORZUT6.html
www.lapetitezine.org/Daniel.Borzutzky.21.htm