Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hannah Tinti


*I went to see Hannah Tinti on Friday, September 12th @ Pianos, 158 Ludlow Street, NYC . She read from her first novel The Good Thief. This was a One Story Cocktail Hour Reading Series event and was located on the cozy top floor of the venue. If you have never been to Pianos, they host One Story events regularly, where you can score single stories for only a buck. Although, I missed the reading itself, due to the rainy commute, I still had a chance to meet Hannah and was able to purchase a book and grab an autograph. She gave me and my friend each a St. Anthony's medal, that I have been wearing ever since I put it on Friday night. I hope it brings me good luck. Overall, what started out as a horrible, dreadful night, turned out to be a spontaneously fun adventure. I look forward to reading and reviewing this book in the next few weeks. In the meantime, check out her site and One Story's inventory