Thursday, September 10, 2009

Interview with Krissie Williams

What inspired you to write your first book?

I don’t think anything or anyone specifically inspired me to write. One day, I decided to challenge myself by seeing if I could build a story surrounding events that occur to people in everyday life.


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes! There are several messages. First, life is a journey. No one can do this alone. If you feel like jumping ship (and chances are you are not the only one, lol) ask for help. Also, it is important to remember to laugh at yourself and others along the way.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
Adventures in Martyrdom is a fictional story, but like most writers there are some characters and events in the book that are loosely based on my own personal experiences.

What are your current projects?
Oh, I am so excited about my current project. I am finishing a mystery titled
Breath. It is really stretching me as a writer. If you thought the characters in Adventures had issues, wait until you read this one. Also, some readers have expressed interest in seeing a sequel to Adventures.

What books have most influenced your life most?

There are two books: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison and The Autobiography of Malcolm X. I can reread those books over and over and get a different interpretation and insight every time.

What book are you reading now?
Believe it or not, I recently finished reading
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I admire J.K. Rowling. I wanted to finish it before the movie hit the theatres this summer. As a rule though, I am trying not to read other authors’ books when I’m currently writing a heavy chapter in my own book. It’s just my process.


Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Funny, I don’t think I have a favorite author. I go through phases. I am connecting to Dan Brown right now. He can really write a page turner. Depending on where I am emotionally and mentally in my own life, different authors speak to me at different times.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Keep reading and laughing! Also, I want to hear your thoughts! I write for avid readers like you! Here is my contact info below!
Blog, follow me, send me a message:
facebook (Krissie the Author),

twitter (Krissie Williams)

krissiekatrese@gmail.com

Adventures in Martyrdom from Small Dogma Publishing

Available for purchase now at: www.smalldogma.com

Coming soon to amazon.com and select bookstores