Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fitness

by LL Cool J, Dave Honig, and Jeff O'Connell


Review: Most celebrity fitness books are lame, but this colorful and easy to follow manual had me interested just from the cover alone. Who doesn't love LL? Easy on the eyes and definitely someone to look up to in the world of cut up bodies. I was impressed with the sample meal plan and great recipes in this book. LL has 4 Platinum recipes: chili, a sandwich, a burger and a shake. Inside you will find "9 ways to burn 100 calories" and "9 reasons your not losing weight". There are easy tips on how you should approach cleaning out your fridge and a handy food breakdown chart with insight on label reading. Most of his exercises revolve around using your own body weight for toning and the importance of having good form in all activities. I didn't feel overwhelmed until I got to his weight lifting photos, wow, LL is strong! I like to stick to minimal weights and maximum cardio myself, but all and all this book is fun and informative.
Happy workout!
books by or about LL:
I Make My Own Rules by L. L. Cool J and Karen Hunter
Ll Cool J (The Library of Hip Hop Biographies) by Richard Juzwiak
And The Winner Is¿ by Ll Cool J and Jib Jab Media
Ll Cool J (Hip-Hop) by Brian Baughan

My Top 10 Favorite LL Cool J Songs:
(I think this would be a great workout mix!)
1.Rock The Bells
2.I'm Bad
3.Jingling Baby
4.Around The Way Girl
5.Mama Said Knock You Out
6.Back Seat
7.Going Back To Cali
8.I Need Love
9.I Need A Beat
10.Doin It