Saturday, February 17, 2007

Suggested Reading

I recently ran into an old high school friend (Irena) at the gym and we started exchanging names of bands we are currently listening to and authors we love to read.

Here is Irena's latest suggestion via email:
"So the author I thought u might like is Chuck Klosterman...Right now i’m reading Killing yourself to Live by him...which rocks. I think you would especially like it because you are a music lover. He writes about an assignment he was on from Spin magazine to do a cross country expedition to all these death sites of famous rockers that died tragically. In the midst of this he discusses a bunch of other stuff like love, sex, and drugs...u know the good ole American things."

Thanks Irena! I have been meaning to check out Killing Yourself to Live: 85% of a True Story, but after reading the review for Fargo Rock City: A Heavy Metal Odyssey in Rural North Dakota it's a no brainer which one I am reading first. I can't wait to rock it out in Fargo!
blog: http://whoschuck.blogspot.com/

Books by Chuck Klosterman: