Saturday, February 17, 2007

Let Them Eat Cupcakes

by Allysa Torey and John Kernick


Who does not love a good cupcake every now and then? I cannot stop hearing that the "cupcake" is the new black. I just read an article on Valentine Love Themes and of course a few baking cookbooks were listed and this one caught my eye. I remembered my friend Amanda about a year ago passing on a cupcake book to a co-worker and thought, finally people have taken the cupcake to the next level. In all the celebrity and home magazines "the cupcake" has been advertised as a major dessert for weddings and parties alike. So, I think I need to visit Magnolia the next time I am in NYC and see for myself.


Here are some titles for the cupcake lover:
More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen by Allysa Torey


The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old-Fashioned Recipes From New York's Sweetest Bakery
by Jennifer Appel


Buttercup Bakes at Home: More Than 75 New Recipes from Manhattan's Premier Bake Shop for Tempting Homemade Sweets by Jennifer Appel