Saturday, August 18, 2007

Week Thirty Three, Book Forty Five

by Ian McEwan
Review:
Warning- This is going to be a completely biased review and I cannot help it one bit. If you do not finish this book in two days or less there is somthing terribly wrong with you. Just joking... I love this author and have only read three of his books, but certainly plan on reading more. The story starts out simple, like most of his do, but then when you think you have figured it out, BAM! you get sucker punched. I did not see the last half of the book happening at all. I love the language, the literary references and the dialogue that McEwan runs me ragged through when I pick up his work. I saw him at the 92nd Street Y (92nd Street Y - New York, NY - Homepage) a few months ago actually read a few pages from this book and he was not only hysterical, but very captivating as a speaker. If you haven't read anything by this author, you are doing yourself a disservice. I hold by my theory on him, he will be one of the most acclaimed writers of our time and funny enough the inside jacket states this as well. Bravo Ian, Bravo!