Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My New Year's Resolution Review

Last year, I made a resolution that I would read at least one book a week and write a review here on this blog. I am very proud of myself and happy to say that I finally stuck to a New Year's Resolution. This was an exciting task, which led me to discover new authors as well as genres that I would normally cringe at reading. There were various Graphic Novels and Poetry books that I reviewed, but did not count towards the book a week quota, so technically my total of sixty nine books for the year is slightly inaccurate.

Although, I feel like I accomplished a great feat, there are so many readers out there that laugh and guffaw at my total. I have read a ton of literary blogs this past year to find that there are people reading roughly five books plus a week. Now grant it, they may work in publishing or may even be professional writers, but still that number is huge compared to my average reading of one to three books a week.

I am not really sure where I will go from here with this blog, but I do still plan on reading and reviewing and posting literature related news as often as possible. Those of you who shared in this year long experience, thank you for tuning in and have a happy, healthy and safe New Year!